Man sent to hospital after brush fire in West Kelowna

Man sent to hospital after brush fire in West Kelowna

A bush fire was sparked yesterday from a propane tank

A brush fire in West Kelowna sent one man to the hospital Tuesday morning.

“On Jan. 29, at 5:35 a.m., the West Kelowna RCMP were called upon to assist the West Kelowna Fire Department, who were reportedly responding to a brush fire on the north side of Highway 97 near Horizon Drive,” according to the RCMP in an emailed statement.

“Police responded to the area to assist fire officials with their investigation. The fire, which does not appear to be suspicious in nature, is believed to have been sparked by a propane heater that had been used to warm the camp. A 35-year-old man was transported to hospital by BC Ambulance Service for further medical assessment and treatment of non-life threatening injuries. Police believe he has since been released,” the statement said.

More to come.


edit@kelownacapnews.com

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.