1) What do you feel is the most significant issues facing West Kelowna and how would you suggest it be resolved?
• A reliable source of electricity
• Civic Centre and related costs
2) What personal characteristics or background do you possess that make you an ideal candidate for council?
I have been a businesswoman since 1986
I have successfully negotiated contracts with municipal, provincial, and federal government agencies.
I am passionate about my community.
I have been a long time community volunteer.
3) What is your vision for any future development of West Kelowna’s waterfront along Okanagan Lake?
My vision for West Kelowna’s Okanagan Lake waterfront:
To protect it for the use of the community
To ensure that it is accessible to the community
To beautify it and make it a gem of the Westside.
4) What can the District of West Kelowna do to attract more business investment to the community?
Businesses are attracted to areas that have reasonable taxes, a good labour supply, attractive business areas, good infrastructure, economic housing, good schools, and reliable power.
5) Why do you agree or disagree that a second bridge crossing of Okanagan Lake is important to the future of West Kelowna?
Second Crossing of Okanagan Lake is a dilemma and poses some questions:- is it required? Or do we need to make our present Roads and Transportation system work in a more efficient way? How will this second crossing be paid for? Will it mean an increase in the tax on gas?