Update 12:15 p.m.:
An exposed wire near the tire that sparked into the gas tank is believed to have started the motorhome fire in Kelowna on July 3 according to the driver of the vehicle.
The driver along with two others in a separate vehicle were returning home from a camping trip when the fire started shortly before noon.
The Kelowna Fire Department just extinguished a fire at a motor home parked on Alsgard Street.
According to the driver, he and his two friends were coming back from a camping trip. He thinks the fire was caused by a loose wire that sparked and engulfed the gas tank. #Kelowna pic.twitter.com/mvNUm2lx30
— Aaron (@aaron_hemens) July 3, 2021
By 12:15 p.m. the fire had been put out by the Kelowna Fire Department.
The Kelowna Fire Department is currently on the scene of a motorhome fire on Alsgard Street.
The motorhome was parked on Alsgard Street and was being extinguished shortly before noon.
Fire also spread to a nearby bush.
It’s not currently known whether there were any injuries.
A reporter for the Kelowna Capital News is on the scene.
More details to come.
To report a typo, email: email@example.com.