Taking place in the Sky Court in the centre of Orchard Park, employers will be set up to conduct on the spot interviews for the many positions available.
WorkBC employment service representatives will assist job seekers prep for success before they approach any of Orchard Park’s 170 merchant employers by helping with application forms, checking over resumes and posing some pre-interview questions to get them warmed up.
TIPS from WorkBC for preparing for this event include:
1) Dress for Success. First Impressions count
2) Update your resume, be sure to consider how you represent yourself on paper. Do you have a professional email address? Is your contact information up to date?
3) A Can Do Attitude. Know what your availability is going in. Are you available on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day? Be prepared to answer questions like this.
4) Take several copies of your resumes. This is an opportunity to meet with multiple employers!
5) Contact WorkBC if you need assistance. Resource rooms are open for drop-in assistance, daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
A list of merchants participating at the Job Fair will be on the Orchard Park website as of Monday the Oct. 24. www.orchardparkshopping.com