The weather is likely to play havoc with public school operations again on Tuesday, but the Central Okanagan School District is waiting until tomorrow morning to determine if schools will be closed for a second consecutive day due to the weather.
Thank you to our parents and community for your support and understanding in responding to this morning’s school closures due to the inclement weather.
We are continuing to monitor both the Environment Canada weather forecast as well as feedback regarding the success of snow clearing efforts in order to make a decision regarding school opening tomorrow, Tuesday, January 6. (Even if our schools are in a position to open tomorrow, we have been advised that many of our bus routes will not be cleared in time to enable buses to perform their normal runs),” a school district released Monday afternoon stated.
“We will endeavor to send out a news release to all our media contacts, and post to our website and the individual school websites by no later than 7:00 am tomorrow morning as to the status of school operations in the Central Okanagan School District.”
The current forecast is for snow to continue tonight and this may be followed by freezing rain. If it snows heavily throughout the evening, school district superintendent Hugh Gloster said a decision about Tuesday’s status for school opening may be made Monday night.
Parents are encouraged to check the School District’s website – www.sd23.bc.ca – for updates.