1) Spending at city hall has been an issue on this election campaign. Why do you think the city is not spending taxpayers dollars efficiently?
I am not an elected Mayor as of yet, However I do see from the outside looking in there is a lot of spending going on which is being done before the transfer from one Mayor to the next Mayor. We can look at the budget to address this issue after the Election. Efficiency is what I am looking for in all aspects of Kelowna City Hall.
2) What do you think is the single most important social issue facing the city and how would you address it as mayor?
Lack of employment opportunities. I would approach businesses to bring there innovative ideas to Kelowna to address this issue. Skytran is one of these ideas which supports our clean air,clean water, healthy environment & safety which brings an economic sustainable solution to resolve a lot of our current problems.
3) The recent Conference Board of canada grade report for Kelowna had the city recieving a low or failing grade on many issues. Do you feel this report was an accurate reflection of our city? why or why not?
Yes, I looked at this report and found a lot of accuracy in what they were saying. I would look for ways to improve upon this report in the future so that we may turn this around when they report on Kelowna again. It is not necessarily a part of how our city reflects the grade.
4) Define what do you think the role of the mayor is in providing direction for city council and as the public representative for our city?
The role of a mayor oversees the needs of the community and encourage public involvement. Communicates, respectful, collaborates, team player, transparent in providing information and recommendations to city councils. Represent the City of Kelowna with confidence and enthusiasm, as well as enhancing the social and environmental well being of the City through attending functions wherever they take place. As a Public representative, mayor leads chair meetings of council to move effeciently and timely in a day to day basis directing the purposes of the City that he is trying to promote.
5) What personal characteristic do you think make you qualified to be a mayor?
The personal charateristics that I can offer to a role of a mayor arised from my strong family values and belief . I am a strong advocate for people who are in need; listens, and take actions. I would bring servanthood, team player, accountability, transparency, good stewardship, respect, honesty, trust and openness in my role as a mayor.