Kelowna International Airport’s annual Winter Travel Event goes this weekend and those who attend could find themselves back at the airport in future boarding a plan for a number of destinations—including sun spots— courtesy of YLW and its partners.
“We’re always happy to host this event,” said Sam Samaddar, YLW director. “It’s a great opportunity for locals to learn about new travel options from YLW and win some amazing prizes.”
The event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 22, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Those who show up will be able to meet with air carriers, travel agents, representatives of hotels and resorts to get helpful travel tips and information on popular direct destinations, including Cuba, Mexico and the Yukon.
This year, the airport and its partners will be giving away six prize packages, including:
• All-inclusive trip for two to Varadero, Cuba courtesy of Sunwing Vacations
• Airfare for two to Cancun, Mexico with Air Transat
• Complete Yukon Adventure in Whitehorse, courtesy of Air North, Yukon’s Airline
• Tickets for two to anywhere WestJet flies in North America
• $200 Travel Voucher from Air Canada Vacations
• Airfare and hotel for two to Victoria courtesy of Pacific Coastal Airlines and Hotel Zed
Ballots for the prize draw will cost $5 each or $10 for 3 and will only be available at the event.
All money raised will be donated to Starbright Children’s Development Centre.
Free parking will be provided in the long-term parking lot at the airport during event hours. Attendees are required to bring in their parking voucher in to the event to be validated.
For more airport information, visit ylw.kelowna.ca.