Firefighters in Summerland, with the assistance of the B.C. Safety Authority/electrical inspector, are continuing to investigate a house fire in Trout Creek.
The fire department received the call Wednesday at 8:04 p.m. and a total of 15 firefighters responded to the fire on Woods Avenue.
Fire chief Glenn Noble said the fire is not suspicious and is believed to be the result of electrical issues.
Noble said the fire was mainly in the attic. While the house has had extensive modifications over the years, the original building was constructed in 1954 and still has sawdust installation.
During the firefighting efforts, one firefighter slipped on an icy patch and separated his shoulder. He was taken to the Penticton Regional Hospital and released at 2:30 a.m.
Crews remained at the scene overnight to ensure the fire did not spread into the sawdust insulation.