Wineries along the Westside Wine Trail will pair summer flavours with unique experiences during Sip into Summer June 1 and 2.
Eight wineries participating in the event have planned “wine country experiences” to keep visitors entertained while they taste some of the Okanagan’s finest wines.
– Beaumont Family Estate Winery is planning on a weekend filled with Jimmy Buffett songs and nouveau wine tastings
– Kalala Organic Estate Winery will take visitors on a vineyard tour where they will learn all the ins and outs of organic farming and winemaking, while sipping organic wines.Tours will be offered both days at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. The cost is $10 per person, which includes the tour, tastings of organic white, red and ice wine and a Kalala wine glass. Call the wine shop at 250-768-9700 to reserve your space
– Little Straw Vineyards will put guests’ sommelier skills to the test. The 2012 Tapestry and 2012 Sauvignon Blanc will be featured at the wine and food pairing challenge, which runs from 12 to 3 p.m. both June 1 and 2
– Mission Hill Family Estate is inviting guests to join them in one of their private salons for a vertical tasting led by one of its wine associates. Guests may choose “Splendour in the Glass” Sauvignon Blanc or “Sideways” with Pinot Noir and Merlot. The cost is $15 per person and the opportunity is available at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. both days. Book in advance online at missionhillwinery.com or call 250-768-6483
– Mt. Boucherie Family Estate Winery is offering a word hunt for those who love word games. A blackboard in the wine shop will give visitors more directions upon arrival. Featured summer sipping wines for the weekend will be Pinot Gris, Riesling, Gamay Noir and Pinot Noir
– Quails’ Gate Estate Winery is offering its family wine tour, which includes a bit of history on the Okanagan Valley, a stroll through the vineyards, a visit to the production facilities and concludes with a tasting in the wine shop. Complimentary tours will be offered at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and are available by reservation only. Call the wine shop at 250-769-2501 to reserve
– Rollingdale Winery will lead guests to its picnic area where a glass of 2012 Organic Marechal Foch and a skewer of cured meats await. The cost of the wine and meat is $8
– Volcanic Hills Estate Winery will feature a flavourful samosa with a choice of white wine, Rose or select red wines for $7 plus tax.
Sip into Summer is a complimentary event; although, fees may apply at various locations. It runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2.