To the editor:
The 2014 Canadian Student Leadership Conference was fantastic. Wow what a week. One of the best CSLCs I have ever attended. So many amazing experiences day after day after day. Where to begin with my words of appreciation?
• to the billet families who opened their homes and hearts to my student delegates
• to the many conference sponsors
• to the volunteers—students, parents, teachers, administrators, workshop presenters, community helpers for your awesome dedication to each and ever detail which made this conference run so smoothly
• to the food committee – the variety, quantity and quality was delicious.
• to the transportation committee for safely getting us to and from and all about
• to the coordinators of the registration, technical support, student MC’s, pre- conference, delegate packages, welcome carnival/festival, outdoor concert, Spirit groups, Health Promotion Carousel, workshop presenters, beach party, ed camp, mystery tours, TedX, academic pep rally, community service projects, trade show, legacy art project, scavenger hunt, Organized CHAOS, and leadership sharing – each experience enriched our learning and empowered us as leaders
• to the keynote speakers who shared their stories of dreams, goals, and inspiration.
• to the many talented students and adults who entertained us with poetry, dance, and song
• to the staffs at Evangel Church, Sensisyusten Center, Hill Crest Farms, UBCO, H2O Aquatic Park, KLO, KSS, Coast Capri Hotel – for hosting hundreds of spirited conference delegates and advisors
• to Norm Bradley And Raquel Steen and their entire 2014 planning committee for your spectacular effort in hosting this conference (under very difficult circumstances). Your strong leadership was evident in every aspect of this amazing conference and was an outstanding example of true commitment and perseverance
• Kelowna for your willingness to welcome students and advisors from across Canada and share your beautiful city.
Ecole RA McMath teacher advisor,