To the editor:
We have been residents of Thompson Road for the past 31 years and these are a few of the things we have witnessed:
– we have seen people move in and be welcomed to our neighbourhood
– we have seen babies be born and people grow old
– we have seen neighbours come together in difficult times to help each other
– we have seen families grow, with children going to school, graduating and moving on
– we have seen neighbours move away but still return to visit all the time
– we have seen celebrations, weddings, neighbourhood parties and barbeques
– we have seen people of all ages walking up and down our street with their families and pets
– we have seen our own children grow up here, move on to start their own families and still return to the place they call home.
Things we have not witnessed:
– we have not seen multitudes of drug deals
– we have not seen excessive drug houses
– we have not seen an abundance of thefts
– we have not seen constant speeders.
All neighbourhoods have good and bad qualities to them—some even have the odd kook or two, but that makes them interesting!
If all you look for is the bad then that is all that you will see.
If you look around you for the wonders of your neighbourhood, you will find them for they are there all around you.
We count ourselves lucky to be living in one of the most beautiful neighbourhoods in Kelowna.
Dick and Brenda Auclair, Kelowna