For the third straight year, Wouter Bowman is the undisputed King of the Hill.
The Nanaimo driver posted the fastest time once again at the 60th annual Knox Mountain Hillclimb held on the May long weekend in Kelowna.
Bowman, who also won the historical race in 2015 and 2016, zoomed up the 3.5 km track in best time of one minute 47.69 seconds in the GT-O class in his Mazda RX-7.
Andre Marziali, also in GT-O, was second in his BMW-M3 in 1:50.09.
More than 70 drivers and their cars from the Pacific Northwest took part in the annual two-day event.
The other class winners were:
• FF—Mike Marich, Swift-DB1, 1:52:44.
• SR—Jay Esterer, Radical SR3, 1:53.79.
• FL—Roger Sieber, Hayaboosta Cart, 1:55.27
• SPX-2—Sheridan Empey, Honda-CRX, 1:57.84
• GT-M—Ryan Jones, Honda S2000, 1:57.99
• SP-4—Anthony Relinger, Ford-Mustang, 1:58:55
• SP-3—Darrell Jones, Mazda-RX7, 1:59.41
• SPX-3—Mark Dimmock, Chev Camaro, 2:02.17
• GT-3—Gary Lohues, Toyota Corolla, 2:03.43
• GT-Lite—Fred Del Pero, Alfa Romeo, 2:03.86
• Vintage—Geoff Tupholme, Mini Austin, 2:04.13
• GT-X—Cam Thorkelson, Datsun-510, 2:04.32
• SP-1—Aaron Schmidt, Honda-Civic, 2:07.88
• SP-2—Ron Ronchetto, Mazda Miata, 2:11.74
For more on the Knox Mountain Hillclimb, see knoxmountainhillclimb.ca