Some impressive individual performances were posted during the 2017 Central Okanagan school zone’s track and field meet this week at the Apple Bowl.
Here’s a look at the athletes from Kelowna, West Kelowna and Lake Country who were multiple event winners at Tuesday’s championships:
• Phoebe Price-Roberts, Aberdeen Hall—shotput, discus and hammer
• Alex Taylor, KSS—100 and 200 metres
• Bryn Walsh, KSS—100 and 200 metres
• Carla Schneider, RSS—800 and 3,000 metres
• Rylee Paulson, George Elliot—1,500 and steeplechase
• Zoe Brown, KSS—100 and 400 hurdles
• Turner Woodruff, OKM—800 and 1,500 metres
• Owen Harris, OKM—3,000 metres and steeplechase
• Joel Aitken, KSS—400 hurdles and triple jump
• Nick Cornell, KSS—triple jump, hammer and javelin
• Kenaysha Lyder, KSS—100 and 200 metres
• Ella Rolleston, OKM—1,500 and 3,000 metre runs
• Madelyn Hettinga, KCS—300 hurdles and high jump
• Muriel Stroda, OKM—long jump and shot put
• Jasper Stone, Aberdeen Hall—1,500 and 3,000 metres
• Noah Russell, Mt. Boucherie—100 and 300 hurdles
• Jordan Barker, George Elliot—discus and javelin
The Okanagan Valley track and field championships are set for Monday, May 29 in Kamloops.
Meanwhile, multiple event winners in Grade 7 and 8 divisions at zones were: Emma Cannan, Dr. Knox; Georgia Maclean, GES; Anna deWynter, KLO; Tatum Wade, OKM; Mekhila Brown, KLO; Abby Hettinga, KCS; Aiden Vint, KLO; Joel Worman, KLO; Nick Tonogai, KLO; Camden Elkin, OKM; Tristan Morgan, Dr. Knox; Nolan Humphries, OKM; Michael Schriemer, KCS; Teagin Winthrop, RSS; Jacob Doweden, KLO; and Jared Hanenburg, KCS.