The days are drawing closer to the Hometown Hockey festival that will make its next stop in West Kelowna. On Jan. 19 and Jan. 20, the hockey festival will entertain hockey fans in the Okanagan community with visits from hosts Tara Slone and Ron MacLean, former hockey pros Kirk McLean, Jordin Tootoo, and Josh Gorges, with live musical guests Shawn Lightfoot band, and Ben Klick.
The hockey festival is in full swing of its 16th season, which tours Canada with stops at smaller, and hockey loving communities to celebrate the sport. Along with the special guests appearances, the festival will broadcast from West Kelowna during an NHL game with an outdoor viewing party, and televised features on hockey and community stories that center around West Kelowna, including Stanley Cup winner Justin Shultz.
Here are some notable times for some of the many entertaining events at the festival.
Saturday, Jan. 19:
- Shawn Lightfoot band – 12 p.m. at the main stage
- Autograph signing with Josh Gorges – 12:30 p.m. at the Scotiabank Tent
- West Kelowna Police, Fire, and NHL alumni ball hockey game – 4 p.m. at the Scotiabank Rink
- Rogers Hometown Hockey Trivia – 5 p.m. at the main stage
Sunday, Jan. 20:
- Ben Klick – 11 a.m. at the main stage
- Autograph signing with Kirk McLean – 1:15 p.m. at the Rogers Fan Hub
- Pre-game show with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone – 3:30 p.m. at the broadcast studio
More information on the available events can be found on the website.
To report a typo, email: