Kelowna United teams piled up their share of wins last weekend in Thompson Okanagan Youth Soccer League action
Here’s a look at results from the U11 to U13 divisions:
• U13 boys—United Saints defeated Vernon U13 on Sunday by a 7-2 score. A solid overall effort by the United defense was fortified by a four-goal game from Aaron Brears.
In other U13 action, goaltenders Zach Shields and Zach Strocen shared the shut out, as the KU Warriors downed Salmon Arm 3-0. Jasper Walker scored twice for Kelowna.
• U12 girls—The United Crushers continued to roll along with a pair of victories, 6-1 over Vernon Blue and 4-0 over Vernon White. Eden Watson finished the weekend with four goals, while Shannon Rowe and Phoebe Bigden combined for the shutout in the second game.
The KU Lightning defeated Shuswap 3-0 and tied Kamloops 2-2. Against Shuswap, Teghan McCormick scored twice, while keepers Kennedy Day and Makenna Abbey, and defenders defenders Kiki Bellingham, Kianna Kohlen and Toralyn Williams helped preserve the shutout. In the second game, Paige Keeley scored on a rebound of a Shae Taylor penalty kick to earn the tie.
The unbeaten United Predators (11-0) edged Vernon (S) 2-1 and Vernon (D) 4-1. Taylor Bay was solid in net in both games while Kate Rattee scored five of the six goals.
• U12 boys—The United Legends split a pair of games, edging Kamloops (M) 3-2 and falling 4-3 to Shuswap.
• U11 girls—The KU Strikers won a pair, beating Kamloops (S) 2-0 and Kamloops (B) 4-1. Rhiannon Maynes-Tourond and Mykayla Zukowski scored late goals in the win over Kamloops (S).
• U11 boys—The KU Fire defeated Revelstoke 4-2 and Shuswap 12-0.