Kelowna United teams piled up their share of wins on the second weekend of the 2016 Thompson Okanagan Youth Soccer League season.
Here’s a look at how some Kelowna teams fared:
• U18 girls—The United girls officially opened their season with a split of two games, beating Kamloops 3-1 on Saturday in Rutland, then falling on 3-1 Sunday in Penticton to the Pinnacles.
• U16 girls—United defeated the Penticton Pinnacles on a goal by Alexis Percival.
• U15 boys—Kelowna shutout Vernon 6-0 in U15 Saturday in U15 boys action. Jagger Thomas paced the United attack with three goals and an assist, while Hunter Blucke notched a pair on set ups from James Wiebe.
• U14 girls—United defeated Penticton U14 on Sunday by a 3-1 score. Kaley Krivoshein tallied a goal and an assist in the win.
• U13 boys—Kamloops defeated Kelowna United 3-1.
• U12 girls—The Kelowna United Lightning defeated Shuswap U12 6-1 on Saturday, with Hinano Hennessey slotting two goals. On Sunday, Kelowna played to a 2-2 draw, as Shae Taylor scored for Lightning goals.
• U11 girls—The Kelowna United Strikers lost 4-2 to Vernon H, then bounced back for a 1-1 draw against the Kelowna Kickers.
• U11 boys—The Kelowna United Fire picked up a win and a draw, starting with a 6-0 win over Shuswap.
Pavan Punia opened the scoring and finished the game with two goals.
In the second game, the Fire played to a 1-1 tie with the KU W (Wight) team.