This is the first long weekend of 2022 as it’s Family Day on Monday, Feb. 21.
It’s a weekend to recharge, but also get out and enjoy events and activities with the family.
Here are five things to do around Kelowna on Family Day:
- The Kelowna Rockets are home at the Prospera Centre as they welcome the Tri-City Americans to town. It is a matinee affair as puck drop is scheduled for 2:05 p.m.
- The City of Kelowna is putting on two free Family Day skates over the weekend. The first one is tonight (Friday) from 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. at the Capital News Centre. The second is taking place on Sunday (Feb. 20) at the Rutland Arena from 1 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- The Kelowna Art Gallery is hosting a Family Day Art Challenge from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Kelowna Museum has two events going on: Amazing Animals in the Okanagan which runs from 10 am to 2 p.m. for free and Escape from Mannequin Madness, an hour-long escape room style experience. The cost is $35 per group (four to a group).
- The City of West Kelowna has three scavenger hunts available for families to take part in – indoor, outdoor and adventure. The forms are available online and people are to post photos on social media with the #WestsideFamilyDay or email their photos to email@example.com to find a prize.
Have a great Family Day weekend!