Each week we will collect the best shows in the Okanagan to fill your calendar with. Welcome to the Music Rundown.
I’m your arts, culture and music reporter in Kelowna and I love talking to up-and-coming musicians, sharing their story and talking to the pros as they share their wisdom.
Last week Early Work, a Kelowna punk band who formed from classified ads took the stage at Fernando’s Pub Friday where they rocked the stage to celebrate their first anniversary.
Since forming a year ago, the band has been working hard to get their name out there, playing several shows in Kelowna and grinding out their self titled EP that was created in guitarist, Kurtis Janot’s bedroom, stringing up mattresses, an air mattress, several foam mattress toppers and a duvet to cover the amps.
Read more about them in my article, Kelowna punk band, Early Work celebrates anniversary with show
This week get ready to amp things up.
- Check out Virginia Rose and Mich & Chloe at Red Bird Brewing Inc. at 7 p.m.
- Late Night Train, a new Kelowna rock band will open for Penticton’s country rockers, Three Scotch In at Fernando’s Pub
- Marble Canyon, rootsy folk rockers that started as a three-piece band and morphed into a six-piece that includes a violin and upright bass will take over Doc Wiloughby’s Public House
- In Vertigo and the Pickups will make the stage shake at Fernando’s Pub
- Over at Milkcrate Records check out psych-pop-rockers from Vancouver, Stevie’s Revenge and Mindful Offline
If you are looking to get out of Kelowna for the weekend, you’ll have another chance to catch Stevie’s Revenge at Zero Wine Bar.
Up in Vernon on Friday night, Jack Semple, former lead guitarist for The Lincolns will perform at the Vernon Lodge and Lucky Monkey will play an all ages rock show with Orb Sceptre Throne at Record City.
Do you have a better name for the video series? Let us know in the comments and help us build our brand!
To report a typo, email: