The Lake Country Garden Club is busy preparing for a couple of big upcoming events this year, continuing to give back to the community.
The garden club—in partnership with the District of Lake Country and Kel-Lake Greenhouses, have been busy planning and preparing a floral display to celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday at the site of Pretty Road and Hwy 97.
Site preparations are underway and seedlings are growing in the greenhouse and the Club hopes to begin planting late this month.
The club is also busy planning to host its 7th Annual Garden Tour, this year to take place on on Saturday, June 10 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Last year through the help of 17 local sponsors and those who donated and took part in the garden tour, organizers raised plenty of money and supported several local organizations:
• Okanagan Rail Trail – $2,500 which was doubled by local supports because it was donate in the month of October 2016.
• Canada 150 Floral Design Project – $1,000
• The Lake Country Garden Club
• Lake Country Art Gallery – $500 towards planters.
• Lake Country Food Bank -$150 gift card towards food.
The garden tour is a time when gardeners in Lake Country showcase their talents. Residents can get great garden ideas, enjoy the sights and receive special offers from sponsors. Local artists will display artwork in all gardens.
Tickets are $20 per person and are available in Lake Country at Kel-Lake Greenhouse, ACE Hardware and Winfield IDA Pharmacy.