Drivers who use Kelowna’s Enterprise Way are being advised to look for an alternate route if they plan to drive the road during the evening over the next few nights.
Starting Sunday, July 17, and running to Friday, July 22, portions of the road will be closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m., weather permitting, to allow crews to repave the road surface.
According to the city, several side streets between Enterprise Way and Highway 97 will also be closed to through traffic during the overnight work.
The planned night closures include:
• Enterprise Way (Banks Road to Highway 97): July 17 to 19
• Highway 33 (Enterprise Way to Highway 97): July 1 to 19
• Leckie Road (Enterprise Way to Highway 97): July 18 and 20
• Dilworth Drive (Enterprise Way to Highway 97): July 18, 19 and 21
• Cooper Road (Enterprise Way to Highway 97): July 19 and 21
Crews ask that sprinklers on adjacent properties be turned off prior to, and during, the paving work. Any moisture on the road surface will not allow for the new asphalt to adhere to the old surface.
The road resurfacing project is part of the city’s pavement management program, which prioritizes the repair of city roads and extends their life.
For current road construction information and to plan alternate routes, visit kelowna.caroadreport.