As a result of flooding and potential additional flooding concerns, the Regional District of Central Okanagan is expanding and updating park closures.
• Expanded partial closure of Glen Canyon Regional Park from the Acorn bridge downstream to the Gellatly Road parking area.
• Partial closure of Glen Canyon Regional Park from the Constable Neil Bruce entrance upstream to the Covington Crescent entrance at Last Mountain Community Park
• Partial closure of Bertram Creek Regional Park lower parking area and park area to the north of Bertram Creek
• Expanded closure of the Mission Creek Greenway from the EECO (Environmental Education Centre for the Okanagan) downstream to Lakeshore Road and from Hollywood Road South entrance upstream to Scenic Canyon Regional Park Field Road entrance.
Continued Previous Closures
• Hardy Falls Regional Park
• Mill Creek Regional Park
• Killiney Beach Community Park is closed to all visitors, with limited vehicle access through the park for waterfront properties.
Regional Parks staff continues to monitor creek levels in all these areas and when safe will be assessing the condition of bridges, trails and other amenities in these parks.
People are reminded that water levels in area creeks may rise unexpectedly and they, children and pets should stay safely back from creek banks, which may be slippery or subject to erosion from the spring runoff.
Boaters and those using Okanagan Lake boat launches are advised to watch for floating debris that may enter the lake as a result of the runoffAs a result of flooding and potential additional flooding concerns, the Regional District is expanding and updating park closures.