Have you figured out where you’ll go to ring in the new year?
Each year over 5,000 people head to Jim Stuart Park for Valley First “New York New Years” and this year is not expected to be any less of a draw.
The event is Festival Kelowna’s annual family-friendly celebration and one of the only all age appropriate events happening in Kelowna on New Year’s Eve.
Now in its fifth year, this one night event is held in Jim Stuart Park and the Kelowna Community Theatre, is
In 2016 you can enjoy activities based around the outdoor skating rink in Stuart Park including:
- High-energy, live musical performances on the stage from 6 – 9 pm
- 6:00 “Swamp Honey” (trio; Soul/Funk)
- 6:45 “Floyd Vedan Band” (4 pc.; Classic Rock, Canadian classics only!)
- 7:50 “En Karma” (Bhangra dance)
- Listen for our favourite “Embassy DJ” spinning tunes between acts with a multicultural influence and flair!
- The new Re/Max Kelowna Kid’s “Snow Zone” activity stations (i.e. snowball toss, drop-in games) Watch for visits by the West Kelowna Warriors and Okanagan Sun teams
- Due to generous sponsors there are plenty of giveaways and goodies like glow sticks, candy, and more!
- Free hot chocolate courtesy of RE/MAX Kelowna
- New this year are four food trucks onsite. Look for Ogopogo mini donuts, Poppadom’s Indian food, International Perogies, and Bare Taco
- Multiple screens featuring projected images and videos
- Back again this year, the “Valley First Warm Up Zone” in the Kelowna Community Theatre with games, cartoons, a button making station, balloon animals, facepainting, and a special New Year’s noisemaker station
- Ring in an early New Year as we Countdown to Canada’s 150th Birthday year in 2017!
- Fireworks show at 9 p.m.