Update: 1:12 p.m.
Power is slowly being restored to BC Hydro customers across West Kelowna and Peachland, following an earlier outage due to Monday’s snowstorm.
Update: 10:55 a.m.
Another power outage is being reported in West Kelowna as of 10 a.m.
More than 2,500 BC Hydro customers are in the dark from south of Rose Meadow Drive to west of Casa Loma Road, to North of Mission Hill Road to east of Tallus Ridge Drive.
Another 98 customers are without power in Peachland in the Aitkens Road and Peachland Place area.
Power outages are plaguing West Kelowna and Peachland, Tuesday morning.
Thousands of BC Hydro customers are in the dark from Trader’s Cove on Westside Road to the east of Princeton Avenue in Peachland.
The cause of the outages is due to heavy snow across the region and BC Hydro is dispersing crews to the affected areas.
The following areas are currently experiencing outages:
- Blue Grouse Mountain – five customers affected
- North of Scott Crescent and south-west of Bear Creek Road – 62 customers affected
- West of Rosealee Lane and north of Bartley Road – 165 customers affected
- 2600 block of Applegreen court – 38 customers affected
- 800 block of Rumney Road – five customers affected
- 3200 block of Elliot Road – five customers affected
- East of Highway 97, south of Main Street, north of Pineridge place and west of Elliot Road – 62 customers affected
- West of Princeton Avenue and east of Brenda Forest Service Road – 91 customers affected
- West of Highway 97, south of Elliot Road to Rosealeeeast of Princeton Avenue and north of Highway 97 – 2534 customers affected
- 5300 block of Princeton Avenue – 17 customers affected
The power went out just before 8 a.m. and it’s currently unclear when it will be restored.
Power outages are also being experienced in Lake Country and across the North Okanagan, this morning.
READ MORE: Monday’s storm brought new snow to Big White