The host city of Kelowna will be well represented next week at the Canadian junior racquetball championships.
Six members of the local club will compete with Team B.C. at the national tournament, April 20 to 23 at Global Fitness and Racquet Centre.
The Kelowna athletes earned spots at nationals thanks to their performances earlier this month at the B.C. junior championships in Langley.
The the following Kelowna juniors placed first, second or third in their age divisions:
• Spencer Bell—1st in the boys 16U division.
• JoeyCosmo Lee—1st in the boys 12U division.
• Kevin Lee—1st in the boys 8U division.
• Malaya Galigan—2nd in the girls 14U division
• Mitchell Bell—2nd in the boys 12U division.
• Cadan Klassen—3rd in the boys 8U division.
The Kelowna players are coached by Richard Gauthier, who will also serve as Team B.C.’s head coach.
The team has been training hard all year in preparation to try and win a national championship in their home city,” Gauthier said.
The Kelowna junior racquetball team plays out of Global Fitness and Racquet Centre in Kelowna, where Gauthier is the club racquetball professional.