Skip to content

Fire extinguished inside UBCO residence building

The fire was out just before 11 a.m. Sunday
A fire sparked inside Cassiar Residence at UBCO the morning of Jan. 29, 2023. (Cassiar Residence/Google Maps)

A fire has been extinguished inside a residence building at the University of B.C.’s Okanagan campus.

The fire sparked inside the Cassiar Residence at 1337 Discovery Ave Sunday morning, and was out by just before 11 a.m.

The story will be updated as more information becomes available.

READ MORE: Kelowna Chiefs player in hospital after windpipe hit


Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and subscribe to our daily and subscribe to our daily newsletter.

Brittany Webster

About the Author: Brittany Webster

A video journalist with Black Press Media. I recently made the exciting move from my radio anchor position at AM 1150 to this new venture.
Read more